Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Week 37: I get invited to a Bible bash

Blizzards with the district on exchanges!
We went to Five Guys and decided to spread the
Good Word. (#findwhenyoueat,eatwhenyoufind)
On Friday we had a lesson with Randy #2 (if you remember Randy #2 from last week) and it turns out that he is NOT elect. We showed up and we'd invited his friend Jeff From Church and they both had their Bibles and notepads out and after we finished teaching our lesson they were ready for a Smackdown filled with Bible verses and anti stuff. They kept being like, "well in the Book of Mormon it says..." and I was like uhmmm I know you looked that up online because it actually doesn't say that in the Book of Mormon AND I'm 19 and you invited me over to your house just to yell at me! So! And a couple of days later we tracted into another guy who wanted to bash with us. It's too cold for this!!

The biggest news of this week is about our friend Randy #1!! We were finally able to have a lesson with him and he asked us about what it means to be worthy to be baptized and we talked about it with him and invited him to be baptized! He said he didn't think that he was worthy of something like that and that he felt like God wouldn't want him back, so we told him the story of the prodigal son and testified of God's unfailing love for us - and he's on date! I'm so, so excited for him.

One of the sisters in our district was sick, so Sister Bueno and I went on emergency exchanges with them last weekend. So on Saturday I spent lots of hours inside studying! I became super enlightened and maybe took a quick nap to get ready for daylight savings. Which WRECKED me just a few short hours later (and also wrecked most of the people we invited to church, haha). 

We're still working with our friend Rafael, and he has LOTS of questions. Lots. We taught him the ten commandments and it took a WHOLE HOUR. He came to stake conference on Saturday night and our stake president and the visiting general authority spent an hour answering his questions after the meeting, and THEN he came to dinner with us and our members on Sunday night and they spent two hours answering more questions! Very inquisitive. But we love questions! Questions are how we get answers! Questions are good!

We had zone conference on Monday and all physical contact besides bumping elbows is BANNED because of coronavirus! Sister Keung was DISTRAUGHT. President gave us all elbow bumps and Sister Keung gave us all a virtual hug. Most of the missionaries hugged anyway, so if you here of a corona outbreak in southern Alberta, you know why!

We went on exchanges this week and I got to spend, like, 40 hours with my FAVE Sister Macdonald! We came out together and she's so loving and kind and I learned so much from her! Fun times!

I hope everybody stays safe and healthy this week! Don't forget to prepare for general conference! Love ya!

Sister Willis



No comments:

Post a Comment