Friday, February 21, 2020

Week 32: Flu Season 2

Hello friends and family! I am officially sick AGAIN! This makes me super fun to hang out with and means I have been doing a lot of sleeping and walking around with tissues stuffed in my nose. Super cute!

Last weekend we got to go on exchanges! So our STL Sister Barrow, who's serving up in north Calgary, came down to our area and my companion went up north with her companion. We had a blast teaching a nine-year-old girl about the plan of salvation using Candyland, an eleven-year-old girl about the gospel of Jesus Christ by making her jump around her house, and a nine-year-old boy how to play the piano! And his family said they'd come to church next week! So that's pretty awesome.

We had dinner with one of our friends in our ward on Saturday night and she always buys us SO much food, so for four of us she got a 12-piece bucket of chicken from KFC, a LOT of French fries, and a whole birthday cake. I tried eating a normal amount of food but she kept checking to see how much was left and saying "Sister Willis! You're not going to leave me with all of this food!" So I ate, like, 5 pieces of KFC and 2 HUGE pieces of cake. The next day was fast Sunday and I wasn't even a little bit hungry until 3 pm. I was honestly terrified.

Speaking of birthday cake, we went over to a part-member family's house to do Come, Follow Me with them and when we walked in they were lighting candles in an angel's food cake for their deceased grandmother's birthday. So we got to sing happy birthday to Janice! That was a personal first.


The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. We did the standard missionary activities of sorting shirts for an old folks' home and cleaning this lady's house and knocking on doors and stopping by one lady who was VERY unimpressed that we were at her door. We love it!

Sister Lamontagne was sick before I was sick (coincidence? I think not!), so I read her the Book of Mormon on Sunday afternoon and we wore matching dresses on Monday to district council. #compunity! Shoutout to Old Navy! This week we read 2 Nephi 2:25 -- "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." We were talking to our friend Naomi this week about what brings us joy and she said naps, going to church, missionaries, and Heavenly Father, which are all GREAT answers. I'm so grateful for the gospel because it teaches us about the purpose of our life and helps us find peace. There's no better message to share!

Shoutout to the Chiefs for their super bowl dub! Have a great week everybody! Stay healthy!

Love,
Sister Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment