Thursday, December 26, 2019

Week 25: I get the flu:(

I got my flu shot last Wednesday because all missionaries are supposed to get the flu shot, but I KNEW it was going to make me sick, and here we are. I got a priesthood blessing from some elders in our district yesterday and then I took like 7 naps. But I'm speeding along the road to recovery! I'm still hoping for a miracle.

Besides that, we had a really fun week of finding and teaching! Last week, we thought we found the meanest street in our area, but this week we ACTUALLY found the meanest street in our area. We looked at our map and felt like we should go knock doors on this little col-de-sac but when we got there it was filled with HUGE houses. Which was terrifying, because there seems to be a direct correlation between how big people's houses are and how mean they are at the door, and at the first door we knocked on this guy opened the door and his wife yelled at us from the upstairs balcony: "no! no! no! not interested! go away!" And then at the very next door this old lady opened and we were like "Hi! We're the missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!" and she was like, "you're WHO?" and we were like, "we're missionaries!" and she said "You're CRAZY!" And slammed the door in our faces! It ended up being okay because the lady at the next house let us show her the Light the World video and she cried and hugged us and said she was gonna sign up! So we were obviously there for her.
Not that much else super exciting happened, except that we had to speak in church on Sunday and I talked FOREVER and CRIED!! Classic. I also tried to make toast yesterday and, being fever-ridden, my judgement was so subpar that I burnt it badly enough that the fire alarm went off! That was cute. And we took cute cookie boxes with Light the World cards on them to the care center and the old people were SO cute! They were so excited to see us! And so nice! It was a great time! And we wasted away our Saturday waiting for our friend Joanna to let us over to come clean her house. It was not my favorite day.

That's all for me! 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 says, "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body." Don't let the world get you down! And don't forget to light the world! Merry Christmas!
❤🎄
Sister Willis

Haha enjoy these pictures of me being SICK! And my comp made us take a Christmas picture even though I have the FLU! So that's why I look why I'm miserable!

No comments:

Post a Comment