Sunday, October 13, 2019

Week 14: It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

Frozen hair!
Everywhere you go! It snowed all weekend long, which was super nice because it was still SEPTEMBER, and I don't have boots so I just... suffered on the way to church! I actually love the snow and I got away with drinking lots of hot chocolate, but when we tract I sometimes can't feel my toes. I felt something moving around in my shoe on Sunday and for a second I thought my tor fell off and was moving around in my shoe! It didn't, I'm just dramatic. I get through it by thinking of my pioneer forbears who had to trek barefoot across the frozen plains and who probably complained a lot less than I do in all of my many layers, haha. It hit freezing (0 degrees Celsius!) for the first time on Saturday morning and didn't get back up until Monday afternoon. I'm secretly convinced that people who use Celsius are wimpier about temperature than people who use Farenheit because "it's -2!" sounds SO much worse than "it's 28!" But I've not conducted a scientifically sound experiment or comprehensive analysis of the relationship between temperature units and perception of weather, so I could be totally off. And driving in the snow is awful! I've never slipped on ice before, but on Sunday night the car was seriously just going wherever it felt like. I was going very slow and praying very hard, and we made it home safely! The Pentatonix Christmas album probably helped. 

Sis. Willis & Sis. Willis at the fireside.
This weekend, we had a Come & See musical family history fireside! We were at the stake center rehearsing and performing from 3 to 8:30 on Friday evening, so it was ... long. But it was fun! If you missed it, you can go check it out on the Come & See Fireside Facebook page! Or get the link from my Facebook! My mission president's wife said I looked like I was having a great time 😉

On Saturday night we had a combined relief society high fitness activity that was like half an hour away from our apartment and it wasn't until we had driven there in the snow that we realized that (1) we should NOT have eaten dinner right before working out and (2) normal people work out to regular music and not MoTab (TabCATS?)! We decided it was probably safe because it was a relief society activity, so we did some burpees to Shawn Mendes and I totally drank water even though I was supposed to be fasting. And I FELT it the next day.

My big mission milestone is that I hit 3 months last week! Only 15 to go!

Movie review! The new Book of Mormon video came out on Friday and it's great! I like the tender kiss Lehi gives Sariah and the part when Nephi yells at his brothers in the cave! "You have SEEN an ANGEL! Wherefore canst thou doubt?" But without a doubt the HIGHLIGHT is when Nephi PINS Zoram to the ground. Overall I would give it a 10/10 and not an 11/10 because I was disappointed by the lack of blood spurts! But it's okay! I love love love the Book of Mormon and we don't really give out copies, and as that lady in that one BYU devotional said, "If you don't like it, change it!" So I packed up a bunch of copies and started trying to give them out. I gave one to a kid named Scott at the bus stop yesterday because he said he loves Jesus and is saved and knows we believe in angels and gold plates, but that's about it. We're meeting with him on Friday. Share what you love!

Joseph Smith said, "I feel, like Paul, to glory in tribulation; for to this day has the God of my fathers delivered me out of them all, and will deliver me from henceforth; for behold, and lo, I shall triumph over all my enemies, for the Lord God hath spoken it. Let all the saints rejoice, therefore, and be exceedingly glad; for Israel’s God is their God." (D&C 127:2-3) I love that even though he went through hard hard things, he had faith that if he put his trust in God, God would deliver him. And it's true! When we trust God, things work out in the end.

Your girl is PSYCHED for general conference! I am so so grateful for living prophets and apostles who love us and guide us! I'm sure it's gonna be full of good stuff! But, despite my best efforts, I haven't heard any conference rumors! So that's your job this week! Start a general conference rumor!

I love you! Don't forget to read your scriptures, say your prayers, and prepare to receive personal revelation this weekend! I pinky promise that if you listen, you'll hear the voice of God!

All my ❤,
Sister Willis




No comments:

Post a Comment